"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
The 'finesse' of our company is the people who work here. Our greatest strength is the caliber of our team, working together on a common goal: educate and empower people to achieve a secure financial future. Our entrepreneurial environment gives everyone the opportunity to be recognized as a key contributor in a service driven organization. We are all passionate about what we do, and thrive in the fast paced dynamic environment we work in.
Resident Financial Planner
|Job Title:||Resident Financial Planner
|Summary:||Become a member of our Think Tank of financial planners, responsible for providing unbiased financial education and resources to consumers over the phone, in writing and face-to-face. In order to ensure 100% unbiased perspectives, our financial planners must be willing to forgo all existing clients and planning practice.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities:||
- Financial Counseling - take calls from consumers with a variety of personal finance issues including Debt, Money Management, Investing, Retirement Planning, Taxes, Real Estate, Estate Planning and College Planning
- Workshops - facilitate up to 2-hour interactive Financial Education Workshops for audiences of 15-40; travel required
- Consultations - provide up to one-hour consultations for consumers who need assistance with goal setting and putting together a customized step-by-step action plan that will help them achieve their goals
- Product Development - provide assistance on initiatives related to content development (articles, FAQ's), QA/fact-checking, knowledge base development & various research projects
- Working with companies/individuals who inquire about our services using our consultative methodology
- Keep current on tax law changes and other relevant financial topics and news.
- Continually seek the necessary resources and information to maintain expert status and ensure Financial Finesse products and services are accurate
|Required Competencies: ||
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designee—MUST be current and active; other designations are a bonus
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience
- Consultative approach - active listening and assessment of needs, compassion and understanding, ability to change approach based on individual needs and speaking in terms people can relate to and understand
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of financial planning for individuals, small business owners and others
- Ability to gather research and compile data and information in a clear and usable format
- Understands the difference between education and advice
- Excellent public speaking skills - previous experience facilitating financial workshops
- Excellent phone manner and presence; call center experience is highly desirable
- Effective communication skills - verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and work on teams
- Extremely flexible and willing to work in a fast changing environment
- National travel required (up to 50%)
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft applications and comfortable with using home grown database technologies
|Compensation:||Base salary of $80,000 plus bonuses; medical, dental, and vision insurance, plus other benefits
|To apply:||Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and please state 'Resident Financial Planner position' in the subject line.