Cyrus Purnell, CFP®, MBA
Personal Financial Coach
Cyrus Purnell is a financial planner with Financial Finesse, providing unbiased workplace financial education and financial coaching. He enjoys writing about how life’s complicated financial issues can be simplified when given a differing frame of reference.
Cyrus began his financial planning career as a financial planner with a regional bank in 1999, working in various areas and ultimately leading a multi-family office and working as a trust administrator. While offering an impactful financial planning experience, Cyrus had a desire to make an impact on a broader scope. As a planner at Financial Finesse, he now focuses his efforts on empowering those from all walks of life make their own financial decisions to achieve their life goals.
Cyrus resides in his native city of Memphis, Tennessee with his entrepreneur wife and 3 young children. Having just re-upped on the dad life, Cyrus is familiar with the pressures of balancing the competing priorities of planning for his own financial future while ensuring opportunities for the younger generation.
Cyrus and his family enjoy great food (cooking and dining out!), road trips and volunteering at their church. Each fall, you will find Cyrus watching football and passionately rooting for his alma mater, The University of Tennessee.
- Favorite Financial Book: The One-Page Financial Plan by Carl Richards and Master Your Money by Ron Blue
- Fun Fact: Cyrus and his wife met in kindergarten.
- Favorite Quote: “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
Some Key Life Milestones I’ve Crossed:
- Had 3 lovely kids
- Helped my wife open a business
- Became debt free (first time around)
What I’m Focused On:
- Planning / saving for college
- Trying to fit more fun into my budget
Years of Experience
M.B.A., Christian Brothers University
B.S. in Finance, University of Tennessee